So we just sent out an email to our members wishing you a happy holiday…here’s a quick fun contest for you.
- Read the email we sent to our mailing list
- Try and spot someone you know in the pictures
- Tweet that person like this “Just got the @DevTO holiday email! I spot ….” and include whatever else you want after that:
Ex. “Just got the @DevTO holiday email! I spot @naelshawwa in the red shirt!”
We’ll select 5 random winners who tweet that and send them a $10 voucher to Against The Grain Urban Tavern
on Queens Quay! Contest end Dec 24th at noon.
The folks at Fidelity Format have been working non stop the past few months filming a documentary about the five startups in Extreme Startup‘s Fall 2012 cohort. In their own words “it’s been extra nuts for us trying to capture everything that encompasses being an entrepreneur in the Toronto ecosystem”
DAY JOB – Sneak Peek from Fidelity Format on Vimeo.
We look forward to seeing this documentary hit the big screen soon! Enjoy the sneak peek above!
Just like last year we are giving away some tickets to #HoHoTO; the party that was built on Twitter to raise funds for the Daily Bread Food Bank.
Here are 5 other ways you can help raise funds for thousands of people in the GTA. Did you know that 65,000 children rely on food banks in Toronto? 65,000!!! So we can all try and do our little part and that will make a big difference in many people’s lives!
Get your Tickets Now!
You can help buy purchasing tickets to #HoHoTO here or sponsoring. It’s a great event, for a great cause! Just do it now.
Or you can Donate
If you can’t make it, you can still donate. Just go to the site and click the big green “DONATE” button. It’s easy!
So here is how #DevTO is trying to help. Just like last year, we bought some tickets and will be giving them out in usual #DevTO fashion, i.e. on Twitter via some contest!
Contest #3 – Draw Sunday 11pm
Here’s how to enter the last contest:
- Tweet this: I donated $5 to support GTA food banks, #hohoto and The Daily Bread
- We can’t verify the $5 donation, so we’re just going by the honesty rule. It’s for a great cause so please do donate folks!
Contest #2 – Draw Friday 11pm
Tweet this to enter the second contest:
- More than 1million people come through the doors of GTA food banks in 2012. Donate or buy your tickets today hohoto.ca #hohoto
Contest #1 – Draw Wednesday 11pm
This one should be easy:
- Show your holiday spirit by taking a festive picture of yourself and posting it to Twitter.
- Make sure to include the hashtags #HoHoTO #DevTO.
This one should be fun! Let’s get things started! Winners will be posted here on Wednesday.
UPDATE: The winner is Alex Fleck – @discrepant. Congratulations Alex!