Our friends and future host, Playground Inc, are looking for a Senior Level Drupal Developer!
Playground is hiring! We’re looking for an experienced Senior Drupal Engineer to join our talented development team. Playground is a digital agency that strives to create beautiful, intuitive user experiences, and we have a track record of producing kick-ass, award-winning web applications, utilizing modern web technologies and standards.
Our ideal candidate is looking to design and develop fast and scalable web architectures based on the Drupal framework. As a member of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of product development, in a team-based structure which handles clients from start to completion. As such, we’re looking for someone with multi-disciplinary interests, who can express their opinions in a clear and concise manner.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Working with team members during planning and design cycles to develop ideas and prototypes.
- Architecting system components based on provided software specifications.
- Testing and maintaining personal responsibility for code quality.
- Participating in daily stand-ups and other agile practices.
- Staying up to date on emerging technologies and standards and sharing lessons learned with the team.
- As a senior engineer, providing guidance to more junior team members.
- Expertise creating web applications in PHP, specifically using the Drupal framework.
- Experience working with AJAX, JSON, and REST APIs.
- Experience integrating with web services such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Strong MySQL (or Postgres) skills.
- Self-motivated and able to function with minimal supervision.
- Basic Photoshop skills.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Modern front-end development tools (HTML5, CSS3, WebSockets, etc)
- Experience integrating with common server processes such a RabbitMQ, memcached, Solr.
- Knowledge of other databases, such as MongoDB, Redis, Kyoto, Couchbase, etc.
- Version control systems (mercurial/git).
- Familiarity with other popular web frameworks (Django, WordPress, etc.)
Playground is an excellent place to work, with perks such as flexible working hours, casual work environment, a beautiful office with a great view, stand-up arcade machine, and ping-pong table. If you’re a self-starter who thinks you’d be a good fit for our family, get in touch with us! Please include links to your portfolio or relevant completed projects, if possible.
Apply here or get them directly and also, let them know who sent you.
From our friends at Girls Raising:
Girls Raising is a resource network for female entrepreneurs and founders that helps spur female innovation in an actionable way. Currently we run a series of Presentation events in New York, San Francisco, Toronto & Vancouver.
Our next Toronto event will take place on March 5th.
Each month we have an esteemed panel that consists of two female representatives from the venture capital industry and two founders of successful startup businesses, along with five women founded startups that pitch their ideas. Our audience of 120-150 attendees is an engaged community of actionable entrepreneurs, venture influencers, young professionals and service providers who all see the massive growth potential for investing in women and female founded companies.
For Tickets to Girls Raising, go here! But, also, use the discount code, DevTO, for our members.