Want to present at an upcoming #DevTO?
We’re always accepting speakers at #DevTO. Here’s why you should present:
- Share your knowledge with other developers and designers
- Learn more about the topic you’re presenting. You never know what you’ll be asked about it.
- Test run a presentation with our audience of about 100 and get some feedback about your talk and how to improve it.
- Send your topic to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will let you know when we can schedule it. Typically we plan our speaker’s schedules 6+ months in advance.
- Send a brief description of the topic, your bio and a picture for us to post on the first Monday of the month you’re presenting. We will remind you when the date gets closer.
- Send us the slides to email@example.com. Unless you don’t want to we would post these up on our Slideshare account for everybody to view later.
What about the audience and time?
- We usually do two talks. One without code, and another with code.
- There will be around 200 people split between developers and non-developers around 60%-40%.
- Presentations are about 15-20min with Q&A.
Who to talk to if I want to sponsor?
Help us bring this event to the Toronto developer community. We have plans to grow this event in Toronto and elsewhere and can use all the support we can get. Please get in touch with us regarding any of these sponsorship packages.
Why should you sponsor this?
Here are some reasons besides feeling good by helping a grass roots organization for Toronto’s developers to meet and network each and every month
- We have been doing this since April 2011 and have successfully built a solid and engaged developer community in Toronto.
- We attract around 200 techies to each of our monthly events
- Our tweets and hashtag #DevTO reaches about 150,000 people a month. We get more than 3000 visits to the website from Toronto.
- The hashtag #DevTO trends in Toronto on event day and sometimes in Canada as well!