Happy Sunday! It’s the weekend, and we’ve got another job posting for you. Vidoyen, a start-up that uses short videos to educate and to promote public education. They are looking for a new iOS Developer. Details on the job description:
Based in Canada, Remote / Toronto, Ontario – Full Time
Vidoyen is looking for an experienced and energetic iOS developer to spearhead our mobile efforts and bring our video Q&A platform to iOS.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of leading iOS development efforts within a team environment, takes pride in sharing the apps they’ve been involved in building, and is comfortable in turning high level requirements into clean, maintainable and modular code.
- Work with a dynamic software development team to define requirements, translate to quality code, test and deploy iOS and mobile web applications
- Help integrate with and refine our proprietary RESTful API for synchronization of user and content data
- Interact with product owners to convey technical issues affecting functionality and timelines
- Integrate with our technical, respect existing standards and processes, but also bring a fresh perspective to the table to help improve happiness and productivity within the team
- Keep up to date with technology and mobile trends, specifically as they pertain to Apple’s product changes, AppStore policies, open source iOS projects and best practices
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1+ year of iOS development experience or an impressive portfolio in lieu
- Some experience in scripting or interpreted languages (Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Experience in building complex iOS applications, including data synchronized with a remote source, functionality degradation in offline mode, integration with social APIs and video capture/editing
- Experience writing unit tests, integration tests on iOS
- Knowledge of and strong desire to follow best practices in iOS and client/server development
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, HTML5 and related technologies
- Knowledge of or experience with video processing and transcoding technologies
- Strong sense of how to integrate open source in an iOS app to enhance developer productivity, and code maintainability/modularity
- Personal apps or “side projects” built to solve a personal need
- University or college level education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
To apply, send us your resume, LinkedIn profile URL and/or some links to applications you’ve been involved in building.
Here’ s a little about the company, Vidoyen:
Vidoyen is a social Q&A video platform, founded by Arshia Tabrizi, a leading tech and venture lawyer in Toronto, previously with Wilson Sonsini in Silicon Valley, and our CTO is Mike Jarema, a tech whiz and one of the first employees at Xtreme Labs.
Vidoyen is a fast and easy platform enabling 1-2 minute video answers from curated experts to questions from the public and is integrated with Facebook and Twitter. We provide trusted video content from curated contributors and operate as a social purpose business focused on public education and informed opinion and debate.
Although not in full launch (public beta for a few months) we have some media coverage already: http://www.torontostandard.com/the-sprawl/vidoyen.
We have big plans and looking to grow our team!